Monday, September 6, 2010

A Wierd Realization..

Ok so as I sat pondering while in a slightly inebriated state, a thought occurred to me.  I HATE perfection.  Perfect is so boring and so cliche.  Then I thought about things a little further.  Here is my idea of the perfection guy.  He's sweet, funny, passionate, devoting, doting, there for me, has beautiful eyes, looks aren't important, and this person accepts me for who I am, and loves me unconditionally, he also likely falls in love with me at first sight.

Then I thought about this.. the guy who currently holds my heart, is some of these things, but quite frankly, is not this guy.  And you know something?  I love him so much more because of it.  I always thought it was actual perfection and not my idea of it that turned me off.  But then I realized, perfection is perfection.  He isn't my perfect guy, and I am all the more fascinated by him because of this.  He's different then what I dreamt, and there fore different from what I have ever known.

And within this difference, lies beauty.  He's holds my attention...because he isn't what I spent my whole life dreaming of, he doesn't say the perfect things, he lacks a certain amount of passion, and, this intrigues me, it leaves me wanting more.  Even my own version of what is perfect, has come to bore me.

Random realizations and rants of the drunken mind that has stayed up til the sun begins to shine...

No comments:

Post a Comment