Friday, August 12, 2011

Good Advice

A friend once gave me some sage advice.  He asked me, "Do you know who controls the relationship?"  I said, "the guy?"  He said, "No Stephanie.  It is the person who cares the least, even if by a little bit."

It is some insightful advice I have taken to heart.  It really brings to light the idea of being evenly yolked with someone.  You don't want to throw your heart away entirely on someone who only goes halfsies with their own heart, what's the point?  Not only will they care less for you then you do them (which trust me from experience, absolutely blows like a kid who has eaten way too much chicken noodle soup (with a soda on the side..sorry had to..) but they will also control the relationship...because you care more.  youll find yourself constantly willing to bend backwards over forwards for them, and notice they in turn do not do the same for you.  Being straight up, I have been on both ends of this situation.  In my first two relationships, I cared too much.  In the last one, I cared too much, but never acted like it or showed it thus making him feel that he cared too much as well.   So then we both sat there feeling unloved and like we kept caring and giving to someone who didnt care or give as much back.


Life is full of tough choices, isnt it? - ursula from the little mermaid.  truth is, it really is.  "the greatest thing youll ever learn, is just to love, and be loved in return."  - moulin rouge


food for thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment