Friday, July 15, 2011

Yaweh My Teacher

God has been really trying to teach me several things lately.  It has been very painful, but very wonderful as well.


Here are the things I need to work on, and that He has put on my heart to work on as of late.

1)  He has been teaching me how to rest in the spirit, and not to try to do things of my own strength, but through the spirit guiding me.

2)  He has been teaching me to focus on Him, and not the gifts He gives, (whether its gifts I've already received, gifts I want, or gifts that haven't been revealed if He will even give them yet.)  (when I say gifts by the way, I mean in every sense, I mean spiritual gifts, I mean talents, I mean physical gifts...(my parents, jobs, college, guys, a future...etc)

3) to focus on neither the past which He is in the process of healing me from, nor the future which has yet to happen but just be in the present.  ( I have a terrible habit of playing the "what-if" game, both in the past tense ...what if I had done this, or that...  and the future sense... what if this happens..or that...what should I do...)

4) Patience when speaking with others.

5) Humility.

6) Self confidence.

7) Abiding in the spirit.

8) Being in the word.

9) That there is a time for everything.  A time to go full out and a time for rest.

10) That if I screw up, He will forgive me, and don't let the fear of screwing up hinder my growth, but don't use that as an excuse to not care if I screw up.

11) To not rely on man's interpretation of what God means, or asking man what God wants to do, is doing, or is trying to say to me.

12) To learn to listen with my spirit.

13) To learn to love myself, flaws and all.

14) To love God, not for the gifts he has given, or the gifts He may give, but for who He is.

15) to find my identity in Christ.

16) to not allow myself to become emotionally attached to any man other than the man God brings to me, and that even then, to take it slow, and allow God to work things in His time.

17) to not try to do things in my time but His.

18) what truly worshipping Him looks like.

19) How to represent Christ to non believers, just by loving on them, regardless of how they treat me.

20) How to relay what is taught to me back to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment