Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day

Yesterday was Mother's Day.  Going to church on Mother's Day can be a lonely ordeal, especially when you take into account the idea that the entire service was dedicated to moms and the way they lead their families to church.

I started to become sad, as I didnt have this type of upbringing.  But then, I realized the grace, in my life.  This type of upbringing would've caused me to rebel.  Instead, my mom allowed me to decide what I wanted to do in life, who I wanted to be, and how and (if) I wanted to worship God.
I'm so grateful for her allowing me to make my own decisions in life.   In a weird way, this is what brought me to God, knowing it was my choice.  Earlier in life, i had to go to catholic school for my grandparents, and as a result..I ran away as fast as I could from anything church related.  I think its cool how everything works out exactly the way its supposed to, even if it doesn't happen the way people think it should.


Sometimes it IS difficult knowing my family doesn't share my faith... (aside from my dad...sort of..)
but then I realize...if youpout about what you don't have, you are too busy to appreciate what you do have.  I have a wonderful, supportive family, who let's me make my own decisions in life.  Don't get me wrong, its far from perfect...but aren't all families?

Happy Mother's Day, to an amazing mom who has always been there, and always let me be who I want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment