Thursday, August 9, 2012

new

New perspective on life.  Admittedly letting go of what I wanted was hard.  REALLY hard.  I realized I had to make a choice.  Hold on to what I wanted, and hold it close to my chest and ache in pain while focusing on myself, or get on my knees and pray for the strength to let go, and love others selflessly.  For those who don't know, my guy friend who I was very close with, started dating a mutual friend.  It was hard.  It hurt and ached and it felt like my world was falling apart.   I went off my diet, and wallowed in sin.


 I realized that was dumb after about a week and instead turned to the church.  I walked right in and asked one of the worship pastors if I could intern with her.  Music is my passion.  I want to do it in a selfless way.  Can I admit not focusing on me is sooooo difficult?  Serving definitely makes it easier.  :D  It gives me an outlet to give back.  A way for me to love on others and spend time in fellowship just doing whatever needs to be done.  I love it.  It makes my whole week better.  So does serving at the food pantry.  You honestly get so much back when you serve.  Its incredible.  Its kind of addicting.  

I got a promotion this week!  Yay!  I joked with a friend that I can now pursue the bohemian-esque lifestyle after 3:30 m-f, Saturday, and after 1 on Sunday.  XD  It was funny to me.   I feel really relieved.  Such a blessing.  

I have been more in the word as of lately.  and more in prayer.  :D  it really makes your day brighter.


No comments:

Post a Comment