Thursday, August 9, 2012

The Blessings in Life

I had a hard week this week.  A dear friend and my closest guy friend started dating.  Instead of being happy for them, I found myself in so much pain.  I took some time to myself.  Admittedly, I stopped eating healthy,as I stopped caring.  It was in this time of allowing my heart to heal as I cared for him so much, that I realized for the first time in my life, I was desperate for God.  I was on my knees.  I was crying out.

I'm done moping, so instead I am going to write down the blessings that happened this week.

This week, I got my hair done.  For the first time in over two years I allowed someone to change it up and cut several inches off in places to make layers.

I made an appointment to have strips of color put in my hair.  (were talking blue...as long as my boss says blue is ok.)

My coworker (the really awesome one that got me the job) sat down and wrote out on a page (front and back) step by step instructions on how to do my hair like hers (since naturally our hair is very similar)  Can I admit I almost cried?  I thought it was so sweet.  That someone would take that kind of time and effort to do something like that, was so sweet.  I felt super loved.

A random 1k dollar payment came through on a day I couldn't manage to get any payments in.

I went and talked with the worship pastor at my church about interning for them.  We sat down and talked, and I told her my passion for music, but that I have no direction and don't know what to do, or how to do it, and that I would really like to help out in any way possible, and just learn from them.  Learn how to do music in a godly, selfless way.  Learn everything there is to know about it.  From worship to record label, all of it.  I start tuesday after work.  I'm so stoked!!!!  It will be like going back to school, assuming school was able to teach you how to do worship in a godly way, and show you the ropes of it all.  I am really excited because I felt God put this on my heart, and I really feel this is the next step in my journey.




written two weeks ago and never posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment