Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Change

I was thinking about this the other day.  A few years ago, I would quit taking my meds for days at a time, to really get inside my character's pain and feel and live their story.  All I wanted was to breathe life into the story and my characters.  Fast forward to today.  I think of all I have been through.  I no longer need to do anything like that.  Even though I am now healed, the scars of yesterday allow me to go to a place in my writing that I couldn't have before.  Going through everything was so hard.  But I look back on it, and I am so grateful.  I have become a woman.  A woman of God, who looks to faith for healing and answers.  I am what the Lord has made me.  I am a writer, because he made me this way.  Before I came to faith, I used to tell people, that my talent was God given, as I hadn't really trained.  To this day, I hold to that.  Everything I have, everything I can do, is a blessing from God.  It also allow me to be a testimony to the world of God's love.

No comments:

Post a Comment