Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Hello Sunshine!

Today was a day of edifciation for me.  I went to bible study, and it was just me and Tiana and Cathie.  There was definitely some spiritual interference and no matter how much I tried to hear what they were preaching, something wasn't allowing me to.  Finally i told them what was on my heart, and they agreed I should just come clean to my parents about not having a job.  Then I prayed that God help me find a new job.

God called me two places today.  He called me to an unopened restaurant, (which didn't have any applications but told me to come back Friday at 10:30 to get all set up.  (YAY)  He also called me to the Reagan library.  At first I looked around waiting for the person he wanted me to meet, thinking I was finally going to meet the person who would disciple me. Not so.  God just wanted me to take a minute to enjoy this beautiful day, on a shady bench, in His word.  I did so, and it made me feel good.  The wind was blowing heavy, but I knew, even in my skirt, that God will protect me from all things, including my skirt flying up.

God is so good.  Every day is a gift.  A gift from our father to us.  The warmth of the sun, the cool breeze, the ability to have fellowship with my christian brothers and sisters.  I am so truly blessed.

When I got home, I told my mom I hadn't had a job in a while.  She and my dad received this really well, and I knew God talked through them, and made it so that it was ok to shed light where darkness had reigned.

No comments:

Post a Comment